Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Handcrafted books by Riddhi

















A few days back I received an email with loads of image attachments with a message saying- "Let me know what you think of them". I still haven't replied to her mail but I was eager to share Riddhi's work on my blog.



Riddhi apart from being a good friend and my typo guru, she is a practicing graphic designer. I would often receive some handmade earrings wrapped in small i-pod size stitched covers made from saree borders. Her chappals would have some ceramic button stitched on them which would leave you wondering where did she pick those! So in a nutshell, she has this ability to put things together which look fabulous and add a personal touch.

Similarly, the books that you see here are designed to reflect a person's personality or taste.
One could see her work at http://riddhi.theblueskys.com You could also pick up one of these books at a group exhibit cum sale that both of us are participating on 7th June at Juhu, Mumbai. I'll blog about this exhibit a little later and also share the venue & time.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

chiragh kirpalani said...

Hi Desai, Its good to see your support for a friend. I think the handmade work of Riddhi is fabulous. Would love to come pick 1/2 of them if i happen to be in Bbay at thoose date's. All the best for it.
With support,
Chiragh K.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
It's so great you sent Riddhi's work to see. The designs are fun! She is great at doing fun innovative things.
Rachita